STEP 1: Take your EPT/ELM tests as soon as possible and complete your intent to enroll by May 1, 2013 at my.CSUDH.EDU.
STEP 2: Indicate how you will meet your Early Start requirements.
If your EPT/ELM test scores require you to participate in Early Start, you will need to indicate your intent to complete Early Start. To do this:
- Log onto my.CSUDH.EDU
- Go to the Early Start Smart Page located there
- Indicate your intent to complete Early Start and how you plan to meet the Early Start requirement
STEP 3: Sign up for Early Start
Once you’ve taken your EPT/ELM, completed your intent to enroll, and told us how you plan to meet your Early Start requirement, follow these steps to sign up for Early Start.
- Log into my.CSUDH.EDU and click on the Student Center link
- Click on Enroll in Early Start
- Click on Search, then Select Subject (choose ESE or ESM)
- Narrow your search results by entering the course number, or click Search to view all open Early Start sections
- Click on Select Class to select an ESE/ESM course
- Click Next, then click Proceed to Step 2 of 3
- Click Finish Enrolling
- A message display will show the Financial Aid waiver — complete if eligible
- Go back the Student Center
- Click on Account Inquiry to view and pay for your Early Start course
STEP 4: Take summer Early Start courses.
Early Start courses in English and math will be offered for summer 2013 at CSU campuses including CSUDH, at some community colleges and online. A list of courses for each CSU campus will be available in mid-March at www.csusuccess.org/earlystart/.