Thank you for your interest in recruiting at Cal State Dominguez Hills. Employers may schedule interviews on campus to interview graduating students for full-time professional positions requiring a bachelor's or master's degree, or to interview currently enrolled students for paid interships.
If you are trying to fill multiple openings, the On-Campus Interview program may be your answer. It enables you to conduct initial screening interviews without the hassles of screening resumes and scheduling candidates yourself. Interview dates are available October-November and February-May during regular office hours. Interview rooms are located in the Career Center. They are private and comfortable, and are equipped with outside phone lines, and access to the Internet. The service is free.
Our online system provides ease of registration and the ability to view resumes in advance of your visit. To request a date, click here.
Meeting Your Expectations
Your success in attracting qualified candidates to interview can be positively impacted by several factors: appeal and uniqueness of the position, competitive compensation, and proximity to Los Angeles/Orange County.
It is typical for an interview schedule to yield 25% for a second interview, though it is not uncommon for employers to report that 30-40% of candidates will receive a second.
Please be aware of the following guidelines:
- You may recruit for one position description, or a mix of positions on the same schedule.
- It is recommended that you have a minimum of two openings available at the time of interviews. Position start dates for graduates should accommodate the new hire's graduation date.
- Staffing agencies are not eligible to use the program unless they are recruiting for internal hires or for a specified employer who has outsourced the recruitment function to them.
- Direct marketing firms or any other enterprise that require a monetary investment from the job candidate as a condition of hire are not eligible.
- Generally speaking, for full-time positions, we do not invest staff time and other resources required to promote your opportunity through the On-campus Interview Program if compensation is less than $30,000 annually.