Employer Outreach Tables and Information Sessions at CSUDH
Employers seeking interns, part-time hires, or full-time career professionals may schedule outreach dates through our office.
Employer Outreach Tables
Outdoor Outreach Tables are available for use on a main walkway of campus, called the "Vendor Walkway," located next to the Loker Student Union. We will sponsor any employer who wishes to promote internships, part-time positions or career opportunities within their organization. Staffing agencies are also welcome. Employers must provide a contact name, website, phone number, email address, and business location that students may be referred to for follow up.
What We Provide
- A table, two chairs, and canopy are provided.
- Complimentary parking permits which may be picked up on the day of your visit at the Information Booth on the frontage road facing Victoria St.
- Advance promotion of your visit on our website at, in our "On-Campus Interview" program schedule, and via listserv announcements.
Guidelines for Outreach Tables
- Employers may schedule up to four dates per semester. Optimal times on the campus are Monday through Thursday. The busiest student traffic hours are from 11 am - 1 pm, and 4 - 5 pm.
- The Career Center requests at least 10 working days notice to advertise your visit and make arrangements for your table and parking.
- There is a $50 fee per visit, which must be paid 48 hours in advance. Employers may pay their fee using Mastercard or Visa, or by check, payable to "CSUDH Career Center." Fee for first visit is waived for Gold and Platinum employer sponsors.
- To cancel a planned visit, please give us two days' notice, so that students may be notified. Fees paid for cancelled visits will be credited toward a future visit to our campus.
- Information Tables are provided at a reduced rate to employers, in coordination with the Loker Student Union. Employers are subject to the rules of the Loker Union with regard to table location and posting policies.
Indoor Information Sessions can be scheduled by employers who wish to promote upcoming job openings and give a formal presentation to students. Employers must provide a contact name, website, phone number, email address, and business location that students may be referred to for follow up.
What We Provide
- A classroom or conference space for 30 or more.
- Audio - Visual equipment, upon your request.
- Complimentary parking permits, which may be picked up on the day of your visit at the Information Booth on the frontage road facing Victoria St.
- Advance promotion of your visit on our website, in our "On-Campus Interview" program schedule, and via listserv announcements.
Guidelines for Information Session
- Available to those recruiting for internships or career positions
- Limited to one session per semester, per employer
- Session dates are offered during the recruiting periods for On-campus Interviews (October - November; February - April)
- The service is free. The Career Center requests at least 10 working days notice to advertise your visit and make arrangements for your room and parking.
- To encourage attendance, we recommend you serve refreshments.
- To cancel a planned visit, please give us two day's notice, so that students may be notified.
To schedule a table or information session, please contact us.
Recruiting Guidelines at an Outreach Table or Information Session
- The Career Center serves the entire CSUDH student population and will not sponsor organizations that restrict consideration to specific populations, i.e., Latinos, older students, women, etc.
- We will not cooperate with organizations that appear to discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or gender.
- We do not help to promote positions that require an investment of cash or other purchases by the prospective employee. The only exception to this will be necessary and appropriate personal safety clothing and gear or equivalent.
- The following are other excluded activities: recruitment for home based business/direct sales/franchise or distributorship opportunities; sale of merchandise, services or products; polling or surveying of students; fundraising or petition drives; recruitment of students for educational programs outside of CSUDH.
Vendors and university & college recruiters may work directly with the Union to rent a space for an Information Table. Call (310) 243-3854.