Welcome to the Financial Aid Office
Welcome to the Financial Aid Office. We have many resources available to you on this site. You'll find information on applying for financial aid, completing your loan counseling interview, downloading forms, scholarships, and more. If you can't find what you're looking for, just contact us. We're here to help.
- New Rules for State University Grant Eligibility
The CSU has endorsed changes to the rules for awarding State University Grants. To be eligible to receive a State University Grant beginning in Fall 2013, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled at least half-time;
- Undergraduate students cannot have accumulated more than 150 semester units;
- Undergraduate transfer students cannot have accumulated more than 75 semester units at the CSU;
- Credential students cannot accumulate more than 30 units.
- Masters students cannot accumulate more than 125% of the required units.
- Students pursuing a second Bachelor’s, second Credential or second Master’s degree are not SUG eligible; regardless of where they received their previous degree(s).
Please note: Advanced Placement, international Baccalaureate, Military credit and Pre-baccalaureate credit and credit by examination will not count against the new SUG limits.
- New Law: Federal Pell Grant Eligibility
Recently Congress adopted a new provision that will affect students Federal Pell Grant eligibility. The amount of Federal Pell Grant funds a student may receive over his or her lifetime is limited by a new federal law to be the equivalent of six years of full-time enrollment. Students will be able to check their Pell Grant eligibility on-line beginning mid-July at by logging into the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) Student Access Web site at http://www.nslds.ed.gov/nslds_SA/ . Students will need to use their Federal Student Aid PIN to login to this site to view their Pell Grant eligibility on the Financial Aid Review page.
- 2013-2014 Financial Aid Application & Deadlines
Beginning January 1, 2013, you may complete, electronically sign and submit your 2013-2014 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by visiting www.fafsa.gov. The filing deadline for the FAFSA is Monday, March 4, 2013. To reduce possible mistakes and streamline the financial aid application process, students and parents may be eligible to use the IRS Data Retrieval process. The IRS Data Retrieval process will be available beginning February 3, 2013. This means when filling out your FAFSA you may be eligible to automatically retrieve your federal tax information directly from the IRS into your FAFSA! To use this feature, we strongly encourage you and/or your parents to file your federal tax returns as early as possible before completing the FAFSA.
The deadline to submit all requested documents is Thursday, May 16, 2013. Only students that meet both deadlines (March 4 and May 16) will have their tuition fees deferred. Students not meeting the deadlines MUST pay their tuition fees from their own resources by the payment deadline.
The Financial Aid Office can not accept copies of the student and/or parent federal tax return. If requested, students and parents will be required to submit an IRS Tax Transcript. You may request a FREE of charge transcript of the 2012 federal tax return from the IRS in one of four ways:
- Online at www.irs.gov
- By calling 1-800-908-9946
- Go in-person to a local IRS Office
- By mail using the IRS Form 4506T-EZ
For more detailed information on how to request a federal tax transcript, please visit: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Order-a-Transcript
- Your financial aid award might be waiting for you! Find out more here.
- Updated California Dream Act Information
What We Do
We are committed to providing quality service, guidance and resources to students in the pursuit of their educational goals. We are also committed to providing accurate information about the financial aid process, and supporting the overall campus mission.