Have you considered living on campus? Located just minutes from classes, the Library, the Student Union and recreational facilities, University Housing Services provides an extremely convenient, practical and affordable living environment for students. The freedom from driving and parking or using public transportation opens up your day to study, work, socialize, exercise or pursue other interests. Because much of a student's time is spent outside the classroom, we provide housing accommodations that are conducive to living and learning.
CSUDH University Housing Services is an apartment complex composed of 22 separate two-story buildings and two common buildings. The buildings are surrounded by grassy areas, trees and flowers, perfect for studying or relaxing. There are 32 one-bedroom apartments housing two students each, 72 two-bedroom apartments accommodating four students each, and 30 three-bedroom apartments housing up to five students each. Seventeen apartments are equipped with special facilities to accommodate disabled students.
- All apartments are fully furnished
- Full kitchen with stove and refrigerator
- PC computer lab with free Internet and e-mail access
- Patios or balconies
- Free basic cable access provided in each unit
- All utilities included in rental fees except telephone service
- Telephone outlets in each bedroom
- All apartments are non-smoking units
- Year-round living options
- Basketball and volleyball courts
- Newly refurbished weight room
- Lounge, study and recreational facilities
- Thematic programs, residential outings and other social activities
- 24-hour live-in staff
- Leadership and student government opportunities
- Safes are available for student use
- Wall-to-wall carpeting or combination of tile and carpeting
- Twin long beds
- Desk, chair and bookshelf
- Dresser and closet
- Blinds and curtain window-dressing
- Sofa and love seat or lounge chairs
- Dining table and chairs
- Stove, oven, and refrigerator
Residents provide their own blankets, linens, towels, dishes, flatware, cooking utensils and other personal items.
Community living provides many benefits. It gives students the opportunity to develop their social skills and strengthen their confidence in personal relationships. The rich cultural diversity of the Dominguez Hills campus is mirrored in our on campus residential community. Those prepared to be appreciative and understanding of different cultures and customs will find the experience of living on campus rewarding and enriching.
University Housing Services also provides many programs and activities for its residents.
We host free barbecues, movie nights, dances and other social events. We also organize group trips to places such as Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm.
We offer many educational programs or seminar events on issues such as alcohol abuse, study tips, health issues and open forums where residents can meet the University Housing Services staff and various other departments' staff members. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help disabled students participate in Housing events. To better assist you, please contact us at least five days prior to any scheduled events.