Travel to the U.S.
Once you have obtained your visa from the U.S. Consulate (see Student Visas page), you should arrange for your transportation at least one month before you plan to leave. If possible, try to arrive in Los Angeles between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The following information will be helpful if arriving at the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX):
- The Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is about a 1/2 hour drive from the airport to CSUDH campus.
- Take any of the airport shuttle services that are available 24 hours a day (van or bus).
- Show them an Area Map.
- Make sure you are dropped off at our Housing Office (it is a long walk from the front of campus to housing--1 mile). See Campus Map.
- The airport shuttle service cost is approximately $25 (with tip).
- Three companies that serve our area are:
- BEST SHUTTLE: telephone (800) 606-7433
- SHUTTLE 2000: telephone (800) 977-7872 or
- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA COACH: telephone (800) 232-6224, FAX (714) 978-2516.