Freshmen admitted for Fall 2013
Congratulations on making CSUDH your choice as you continue your pursuit of higher education. New Student Orientation will give you the opportunity to become familiar with the campus, obtain valuable information on how to succeed academically, as well as how to get involved on campus.
What do I have to complete before I can make an Orientation reservation?
Students must fulfill a number of requirements prior to making a reservation. It is critical for students to adhere to university deadlines and requirements as missing any will impact the ability to attend CSUDH. Students must:
- Activate my.CSUDH.edu account
- Submit intent to enroll on my.CSUDH.edu by May 1, 2013
- Take the English Placement Test (EPT) and Entry Level Mathematics (ELM) exam and received scores, if they have not been received by CSUDH.
- Submit Financial Aid application and supporting documentation
New Student Orientation (NSO) is MANDATORY for all first-time freshmen. Signing up for NSO finalizes your intent to attend CSUDH.
Registration for Orientation Instructions
Orientation sessions are scheduled during the summer and offered for students to select on a first-come, first-served basis. Early registration is encouraged so that you are able to select dates that fit your schedule. Reservations cannot be made over email or by phone. There is never a guarantee that students will be able to reserve a space in their preferred Orientation so we encourage flexibility. Students should NEVER make travel plans until an Orientation reservation has been confirmed.
Freshman Orientation Dates and Time
The orientation program for first year students is from 8am to 5pm.
- June 14, 2013
- June 21, 2013
- June 27, 2013
- June 29, 2013
- July 19, 2013 (EOP)
- August 15, 2013
- August 23, 2013
REGISTER for NSO
Online registration is open to incoming Freshmen who have completed their Intent to Enroll and have EPT and ELM scores. Incoming freshmen, who are eligible to register for NSO, will receive an email with registration information, please check both your personal and Toro email. If you believe you have completed both items, but have not received an email, please call (310) 243-3422.
2013 Orientation Fees
- $55 Student - An orientation charge will be placed on your account within 5 business days after you register for NSO. This fee must be paid a week before NSO*.
- $15 Each guest (up to 2 guest per student) - Please pay online.
PLEASE NOTE: All fees are non-refundable.
* If you filed your 2013-2014 FAFSA and have an Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) of 4,000 or less, you may request to defer payment of your New Student Orientation (NSO) fee. If you qualify, your NSO fee will be deducted from your Fall 2013 financial aid disbursement. Please complete this form to request a deferment. Download PDF here. [Get Adobe Reader Free]
Family Orientation for families of first time freshmen
Family Orientations run concurrently and are offered on select dates. The families program runs 8am-5pm. Up to 2 guests per student are allowed and they must submit a separate reservation and payment to attend.