Rewarding academic achievement.
If you're ready to advance your education, you have many opportunities to help you reach your goals. CSU Dominguez Hills Financial Aid Office can assist you in exploring, finding and applying for a wide range of scholarships funded by federal, state and local governments as well as businesses, foundations, community groups, colleges and universities. We'll also connect you to a wealth of resources for tips and information on searching and applying for scholarships.
5 Tips For Scholarship Searches
- Start now! Go online, to your local library, college and university financial aid office, civic organization, and local employers to research scholarship opportunities.
- High school students should begin researching scholarships in their sophomore year.
- Don't count scholarships out. You don't have to be a straight-A student in dire financial need. Scholarships are available to students of all backgrounds, academic abilities and financial circumstances.
- Get involved. Students who participate in extracurricular activities and volunteer work are more attractive to scholarship committees.
- Get personal. Most scholarship applications require a written personal statement. Start composing your personal statement now, to set you apart from other applicants.