Admissions Criteria for Veterans
Transfer Articulation Agreements
For CSUDH's transfer articulation agreements, visit ASSIST.org
Upper Division Admission Requirements
Upper division students are eligible for admission to the CSU if they meet the following requirements:
- Have completed 60 transferable semester units (90 quarter units)
- Have completed at least 30 semester (45 quarter) units of general education courses, graded C or better in each course including:
- 1 course of 3 semester (4 quarter) units in written communication,
- 1 course of 3 semester (4 quarter) units in oral communication,
- 1 course of 3 semester (4 quarter) units in critical thinking, AND
- 1 course of 3 semester (4 quarter) units in mathematics/quantitative reasoning. The mathematics course must be above the level of intermediate algebra. Go to www.ASSIST.org for listings of CCC courses that meet the general education requirements.
- Have a grade point average of 2.00 or better (2.40 for non–residents) in all transferable college units attempted, and
- Are in good standing at the last college or university attended (i.e. eligible to re–enroll at that college or university).
This transfer plan clears all course deficiencies that might have occurred in high school.
Lower Division Admission Requirements
CSUDH does not generally admit lower division transfer students. However, if there is space available a Veteran may apply for lower division transfer admission. To be eligible the student must submit a copy of their DD214 showing a minimum of 1 year of active duty with an Honorable discharge, submit their high school transcript, SAT or ACT test scores if taken, and complete a paper application.
If you have completed 59 or fewer semester or 89 or fewer quarter transferable units by the time you plan to enter CSUDH, you are considered a lower-division applicant. To make admission decisions, the admission office looks at the following:
- High school requirements,
- Your college courses and grades,
- Whether you are in good standing at the last college or university attended.
High School Requirements. Full details are on the Freshman admission criteria page.
- The courses you completed in high school.
- Your high school grades and test scores.
- Graduation from high school.
If you did not complete the 15-unit pattern of college preparatory subjects required for freshman admission while in high school, you must make up the deficiencies.
If you are a lower-division student and do not meet the eligibility index from high school, we recommend that you continue your education at a California community college and complete 60 or more transferable semester units (90 or more quarter units) before attempting to transfer to a CSUDH
Please be aware that some CSU campuses do not admit lower-division transfer students.
For more information, call the Transfer Hotline at 1–877–U2CSUDH (1–877–822–7834) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.