Go Greek! Joining a Greek organization is an excellent way to meet people, get acclimated to campus life, gain important leadership skills, have fun, and establish life-long friendships. The fraternities and sororities on our campus have various origins, including historically Latina(o) and historically African-American beginnings.
While individual Greek organizations are not funded by the Associated Students, Inc., their activities and events are often supported through co-sponsorships with the Office of Student Life and student groups.
Yard Show Welcome Week 2012
Date: September 6, 2012
Registration deadline: 5pm, August 30th, 2012
Return the completed registration form to LSU 111, e-mail to email@example.com, or fax to (310) 217-6926. If you have any questions contact Suzy Cervantes Davila at (310) 243-2081. All CSUDH Greeks invited to participate in the Welcome Week yard show. This is a great way to showcase your organization, and a perfect opportunity to show off your skills.
If you are interested in participating, fill out the form below and e-mail it back to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring it to the Office of Student Life, LSU 111. Organizations interested in participating must have submitted a Orgs Registration form, Constitution and by-laws (chapter & national), liability insurance, registered for both Greek Leadership Retreat and Student Orgs Leadership Orientation.
For questions call the Office of Student Life at (310) 243-2081.
Greek Leadership Retreat
Date: August 10th
Who: UGC Delegate and President
Time: 8:00am (Do not be late)
Participant Sign Up
Every fraternity and sorority President is expected to send at least the President and a UGC delegate to the Greek Leadership Retreat.
Please contact UGC President Luis Medina at email@example.com. For more information contact Asucena “Suzy” Cervantes Davila (310) 243-2081 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each semester, new members of sorority and fraternity organizations are required to attend Greek 101. The program includes information on risk management, resources, policy and procedures, event planning, involvement, living your values and offers new members the opportunity to hear information that challenges them to accept the responsibilities of being a member of our Greek community.
- September 11, 2012, 3-5pm in the Loker Student Union
- September 20, 2012, 5-7pm in the Loker Student Union
- September 26, 2012, 2-4pm in the Loker Student Union
- October 2, 2012, 1-3pm in the Loker Student Union
Fall 2013 Student Organizations’ Leadership Conference
Date: Friday, September 20th, 2012
Location: Loker Student Union, Ballroom C
RSVP Deadline: Friday, September13th
Please note: Registration should only be submitted by the Organization's President, letting us know which member(s) will be attending.
Want to register your Greek organization?
The following forms and guides are available for download if you want to start or register your organization. If you have any questions, please stop by our office or call (310) 243-2081.
- 9 step process for Greek recognition [PDF]
- Greek Registration Form [PDF]
- Greek Membership Roster [PDF]
- Guidelines for Conducting Membership Intake [PDF]
- Greek Life Contract [PDF]
- Sample Insurance Policy [PDF]
- Guidelines for Constitution and Bylaws [PDF]
- Advisors Role Clarified (2011-12) [PDF]
- Event Planner form (Revised 2010) [PFD]
- Campus Catering Exception Form [PDF]
- Working with Housing Guidelines [PDF]
- Facilities Reservation Form [PDF]
- Officer Transitioning Guide [PDF]
- Officer Transitioning Guide Handbook [PDF]
- Executive Order 1006 [PDF]