Campus Events Policy
Producing a campus event requires preparation and planning to ensure a well-run event. It is essential for the event's success that the procedures outlined below are followed. It is the purpose of this policy to assist the organization in planning successful events while providing a process whereby the University can review the specific types of events being held on campus and assess applicable University policies and address concerns regarding liability exposure. This policy may not apply to all events. Some on-campus and all off-campus entities desiring to utilize University facilities must comply with the Facilities Leasing Manual, a copy of which may be obtained in the Office of Procurement and Contracts, Logistical and Support Services (PCLASS).
Campus events are activities sponsored by student organizations; the Associated Students, Inc.; campus departments; and/or off-campus organizations that are designed for the benefit and enjoyment of the California State University, Dominguez Hills (CSUDH) campus community and which are held on the California State University Dominguez Hills campus.
- The purpose of this policy is to assist organizations with the planning of an event and to outline the applicable University Policies for event production. Failure to follow these policies could cause the event to be canceled prior to or during the event, damage deposit to be kept and/or denial of usage of the CSUDH facilities for future events.
- The role of the Loker Student Union Administrative Office, the Office of Student Life, and PCLASS is to assist student organizations, departments and community groups:
- with facility reservations for the event
- with the event planning process
- with the coordination of an event planning meeting
- with acquiring final approval for the proposed event
- with notifications of the appropriate campus departments
- as needed or as possible in event production
- The sponsoring organization is responsible for complying with the Campus Event Policy in addition to applicable policies set forth by the Office of Student Life; Loker University Student Union; Procurement, Contracts, Logistical and Support Services (PCLASS); California State University Dominguez Hills; the City of Carson and the State of California.
- Requests for exceptions to the following Campus Events Policy should be presented in writing to the Associate Vice President for Student Life for consideration, at a minimum of four (4) weeks prior to the event date. Upon review by the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs, a written notification of the decision will be provided within two business days.
Cleaning and Damage Deposit
Based on the facility(ies) used, a cleaning and damage deposit may be collected from the sponsoring organization one (1) week before the event, based on the nature of the event and in some cases, based on an organization's event history. Failure to produce a cleaning and damage deposit by the designated deadline may lead to the cancellation of the event. The cleaning and damage deposit will be refunded within two (2) weeks after the event if no damage or additional charges have been incurred. Charges or damages that exceed the deposit will be billed to the sponsoring organization and are due within five (5) working days. Any organization that has charges assessed due to damages, and/or does not pay these charges, may risk losing the privilege of CSUDH facilities usage in the future. The cleaning and damage deposit is in addition to any set fees that may have been assessed related to the reservation of the facility.
Based on the nature of the event and in some cases, based on an organization's event history, the sponsoring organization may be responsible for providing the Office of Student Life, Student Union, and/or the Director of PCLASS an original copy of their certificate of insurance for general liability and endorsement in the amount of $1,000,000 (unless a greater amount is required to cover liability costs) at least five (5) working days before the event. The endorsement shall be a separate document to the certificate and shall name as additionally insured the Trustees of the California State University, California State University, Dominguez Hills and its agents, employees, volunteers and auxiliaries. In some cases insurance may be purchased through the Office of Procurement and Contracts. For additional information regarding type of insurance required and explanation of the information above, please contact PCLASS.